Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 8, 2009

DIY: Nursery Furniture

1. This is the changing table that we found at a consignment shop last weekend. It's actually an old style from IKEA that is solid wood. I've already started my transformation on this, but there's still a little work left to do... so I'll post pictures when it's done. GOAL: goodbye country - hello modern.











2. And this is essentially what we have as far as a cheap glider & ottoman, which is also on my agenda for the weekend. Mike already painted the frame... so it's halfway done. Here's a sneak preview of what's to come.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! What's wrong with country and "old style"?! We have the same Ikea changing table! :-) We used it for Anna as a changing table, then as her dresser, and now it's Joshua's, so it's held up...even through 2 moves! Maybe you can come and update ours sometime, too, since we're still, apparently, out of style. ;-) Great talking to you Sat.! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I guess I put my foot in my mouth there, huh? I actually think it's a really nice looking piece even without the paint...that's why we hated to paint the whole thing and decided to just do the drawers... It was just that next to all of my modern-style stuff, it seemed out of place... not because it's out of style, it's just a DIFFERENT style! :) I'm glad to hear you've been happy with it! What do you use for a changing pad? we discovered that it's shorter than most tables... I think there's a 30" pad we can order online which we can squeeze in better than the standard 32" ones. The table is 29" long.

    ReplyDelete