Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

No more Baking in my Kitchen!














I LOVE to cook, but I hate baking. Weird? Well, I can take a lot of liberties with cooking, it just seems to come natural... I can modify recipes, make up recipes and a lot of times I can recreate dishes I've had at a restaurant just by knowing what different spices taste like. Not so with baking. I ALWAYS mess up something when I bake. Tonight's baking adventure was Amish Friendship Bread. This is the second starter batch Suzanne has brought me...all the way from Raleigh! Last time I added ingredients before I divided up the starter and had to throw the whole thing out. Tonight, I think it will turn out okay, but I was doubling the recipe (so if I messed up, I'd really waste a lot of ingredients) and I needed to add 3 tsp. baking POWDER and 1 tsp. baking SODA.... well, I read it like 3 times, and then added 3 tsp. of baking SODA. Plop, it was in there and then I realized I screwed up. Too late to fix it. So I'm baking it anyway. I don't know... maybe it'll be fine, but I hope it doesn't taste funky. I think after tonight, I'll stick to cooking and leave dessert for someone else. I do have 3 starters if anyone would like them!

2 comments:

  1. I'll take a starter! And then I'll bring you some of the baked bread when Baby W. comes. :) I've been wanting to come see the nursery and see you one last time pregnant, so maybe we can figure out a time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cracking up because I did the EXACT same thing with the powder and soda! I had to toss it too. I don't consider myself a baker either (despite my maiden name).

    ReplyDelete