On one of the fun blogs I read (Blue-Eyed Bride), Erin had this great idea. Make a list of 30 things you'd like to do before you're 30. Well... since I turn 29 in just 15 days... I only have 1 year and 2 weeks until I'm the big 3-0, so I can't be but so ambitious, but here are My 30 Things...
1. Visit New York City during the Christmas season (this might have to happen right after my 30th birthday, because I don't see it happening this year).
2. Move out of my current condo. This was my first place on my own, my first place with my husband, my first place with a baby, but it's time to move on...
3. Become a full-time stay-at-home-Mom. Although I'd love to have some odd-jobs/fun-work too.
4. Go to Hawaii with Mike. This really should happen considering my sister lives there and Josiah can fly for free until July 20, 2011.
5. Make a PhotoBook of our wedding photos (finally!)
6. Find some creative outlet to enjoy again. (Photoshop, Graphic Arts, Photography...)
7. Establish an annual family tradition. (for just me, Mike and our kid(s) to enjoy together)
8. Go camping in the Spring.
9. Go camping in the Fall.
10. Start journaling again.
11. Scan in all of my old photos to archive them on CDs.
12. Go snow-skiing... it's been WAY too long!
13. Get rid of the clothes I've had and haven't worn since I was 20. Seriously, I take the meaning of pack-rat to a whole new level.
14. Have a professional family photo shoot.
15. Try Once-A-Month-Cooking. Cook an entire month's worth of meals in one day (and freeze them).
16. Organize an effective couponing system.
17. Be pregnant again (did I just say that?!! I must be delirious from being awake since 4:30 this morning)
18. Find my webcam so my sister will quit harassing me! haha!
19. Have more of our family join us at church.
20. Visit at least one of the 16 states I haven't been to yet (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Wisconsin) And yes, I still sing the song I learned in 5th grade with all the states in alphabetical order whenever I'm trying to think of them all.
21. Take at least one day trip to the Outer Banks. I think that's my favorite place on earth.
22. Follow Through. Take action and actually do some of the service/ministry things I think about.
23. Spend less time online and more time with the Lord.
24. Institute a cleaning schedule for my house. I'm way too embarrassed to admit how IN-frequently my bathrooms, floors and windows get cleaned.
25. Print out Josiah's pictures and put photo albums together. I don't want to end up with 10,000 digital photos that no one ever looks at, or worse that get wiped off a crashed computer.
26. Start drinking 8 glasses of water a day. Maybe #17 would help me with that. I was much better about it when I was pregnant with Josiah.
27. Sell my Princess House inventory. Sadly the economy just doesn't make for much success anymore with Princess House, but I love so much of the stuff I have, it's so hard to get rid of it... but it's doing me no good in boxes in my closet.
28. Plan some great events... a party, a wedding, a shower, whatever - I love doing that!
29. Try at least one new recipe each week. I love to cook, and so does Mike, maybe with a bottle of wine and a babysitter, that could be one of our regular dates (see #30).
30. Re-establish a regular "date night" with Mike. When we were engaged, Friday nights were date nights. We wouldn't make plans with anyone else (except the occasional double-date) and we'd just do something special together. Needless to say, 9 months and 1 baby later, we've gotten out of the habit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love your list..I did this when I turned 30 and "learn to fly an airplane" was on my list. Funny, huh..... Why don't you have an "Open House" Princess House sale at your house sometime. With FB & Contacts, you could probably make a good profit. You could hold the Open House during afternoon hours or something and serve light refreshments....etc...
ReplyDeleteI would love to see your princess house items, you know how I love to shop. Need some christmas ideas......
ReplyDeleteCome visit us at WP next year and we can do NYC at Christmas!
ReplyDelete