Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Our Schedule (or lack thereof)

I've been asked many times: "When does Josiah nap?"  And the only answer I can give at this point is: "2 hours after he last woke up."  That part is predictable, but it's never the same time everyday... it largely depends on whether he last took one of his typical 40 minute cat-naps, or one of the glorious 2+ hour ones.  Today has been a 40 minute day.  Sigh.  I do hope to get him on a bit more of a schedule one of these days, once I can determine some consistency in his timing... but so far the only things that are the same are bedtime (around 8:00) and his morning wake-time (around 7:00).... and he typically eats every 3 hours during the day.  So for now... we just go with the flow...  Here's a sample of our day from last night until now:

Last night:
7:45 - Bath
8:15 - Bottle
8:45 PM - 4:45 AM:  Sleep  (8 hrs)  Good boy! :)
4:45 - Bottle, then right back to sleep
5:05 AM - 6:45 AM:  Sleep (1 hr, 40 min)
Play
7:45 - Bottle
Play
8:45 - 9:25: Sleep (40 min)
Play
10:45 - Bottle
Walk to Grocery Store
11:35 - 12:15 Sleep (40 min... you've gotta be kidding me, I'm trying to cook a meal for Senneca!! Well, thank goodness for the exersaucer)
Play, go visit Senneca & meet Lenox
2:00 - Eat
2:55- 3:25: Sleep (30 min... no sir, I don't care what it takes, you're going back to sleep... finally drank 1/2 oz. & eventually fell back asleep)
3:45 - current:  Still sleeping... :)

Hopefully he'll sleep till about 5:00, so we can do bathtime at 7, bottle at 7:30 and bed by 8:00. 

So anyway... just thought I'd share a day in the life of Josiah at 3 1/2 months old.  So as far as making plans... I can do 2 hours advance notice.  :)

4 comments:

  1. the only nap I can count on kingston taking is two hours after he's woken up for the day...the afternoon nap can start anywhere from 3pm-5pm but i have to make sure he's up by 6:30pm or he wont go to bed at 9pm. I have always done what you do, and just sort of follow his lead (as long as he isn't being ridiculous) with scheduling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Impressive! I don't even know what our schedule is like, not unless I wrote it down everyday. Ours changes a lot lately! Way to go Josiah! Sleeping 8 hours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally normal, Melissa. Sounds just like us--only w/ Jocelyn it's anywhere between 1 hour from the last wake-up to 2 hours. If we go past 2 hours of wake time I have a baby who SCREAMS in her crib before she can fall asleep...I worked things the exact same way w/ Aiden. I hated the "when does the baby nap?" question. It made me feel like I was doing something wrong, but I think people forget that little babies don't really have a schedule the way that babies 1 year and older have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa and Mike He is adorable and I am hoping to be able to see you all sometime this holiday. Can't wait to hold him.
    Love Aunt Brenda

    ReplyDelete