Josiah slept 11 1/2 hours straight last night!!!! Maybe it's no coincidence that the first time he slept all the way through the night was right after he had some real food! I had been waiting until after Christmas to start Josiah on solids (other than cereal) for several reasons. Even though his doctor gave us the okay at 4 months to start feeding him solids, I've read that it's better to wait closer to 6 months, so I was in no rush. But I figured 5 1/4 months was good enough, especially considering that he's a big boy and has always been a good eater. Also, I plan to make his baby-food myself, so I needed the time to figure out what I was doing!
With the encouragement of Aunt Stiney, we decided to let him try some avocado on Sunday. Avocado is supposedly a great first-food for babies... and we happened to have some in the house, so I mashed it up and got started. Ha! He definitely was NOT a fan! At first he was just a little confused, and then he made it clear that he thought it was gross. So we've moved on to sweet potatoes now. I'll try the avocado again later, but I'm not gonna force it. He's doing much better with the sweet potatoes, although he's still not so sure. He took the oatmeal/pear juice cereal well from the start, so I was a little surprised at his uncertainty with everything else... but I'm sure it'll just take a little time. Anyway, here's a video of the avocado-adventure. No, there is not a strobe-light going, that's Aunt Stiney snapping tons of pictures for us! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 1/2 hours??? I'm so jealous! Katie slept a total of 6 hours last night and I was celebrating! I forgot what 11 hours felt like! Sorry about the avacodo's, he'll probably love sweet potatoes, the taste way better. I'm so glad you're making his food. I'm doing the same and it saves sooooooo much money. He's adorable in that video :)
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous too about 11 1/2 hours! Whoa! Way to go Josiah! Thanks for letting me know about how it takes 10-15 times before he may like the cereal. He is enjoying it now, so when he is 6 months, I'll move on to some yummier, tasteful things! It's exciting to feed them, but kind of a bittersweet thing huh? They are growing up too fast.
ReplyDelete