To my family and friends who read this before I get to talk to you in person.... I hope you will understand that we are going through a lot right now and it is just emotionally exhausting to explain all of these updates over the phone. And because I am blessed with so many people who are praying for us, it's just really helpful for me to be able to update here.
So here's the latest:
We had a very disappointing doctor's appointment yesterday morning. Hard news and still a lot of waiting. Our tiny little baby still has a faint heartbeat (against all odds), but has had zero growth in 8 days. That is definitely not a good thing. Typically with no growth in over a week this early along, his/her little heart wouldn't still even be beating... so once again, nothing in this pregnancy is typical. My doctor was very honest with us and said there is really little chance at all that this little life will continue much longer. She knows, as do we, that sometimes miracles happen, but while that would be a great surprise, it's not what we're expecting or putting all our hope in. The only thing we can do is wait and see. I still have to take it easy and I will go for yet another ultrasound next week.
I definitely wasn't expecting this news. I knew that the polyp could eventually be a problem, but I didn't expect there to actually be a problem with the baby's development. Even so, Mike and I both have so much peace right now. I'm not pretending it's easy at all. It sucks. But we do know that God has a plan for us and for this little life no matter what. When I consider how things could progress, it's certainly not what I would choose, but I know He has a purpose in it all and we just want to glorify Him throughout it all. To be honest, the last thing from my mind has been "why me?" because honestly... "why not me?" This is a difficult road that I wouldn't wish for anyone, but I know it doesn't mean that God has something against us, or that we've done anything wrong. In ALL things, He is GOOD. He is the definition of good... and going through tough situations that we don't understand doesn't change that one bit.
So as hard as it is, we are waiting... and we'll see where things go. We hope for the best, but we believe that even in the worst, there is still hope.
Thanks for praying with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Sweet girl. This makes me praise God for the hope He gives. How good He is to us. Prayin!
ReplyDeleteWe are praying and hoping for a miracle and that God would draw you ever closer to Him. And yes, He is still good. May you feel Holy Spirit's guidance and presence more and more each day as you seek His face. We love you guys so much. -DJ and Sarah
ReplyDeletePraying, Melissa! We also prayed for you all at care group last night.
ReplyDeleteOh Melissa... I wish I could just come and sit with you and let you process however you need to.
ReplyDeleteI know one thing surely even after walking through what we have. He knows what is best for baby. He is soveriegn still.
I am praying for you dear friend. I'm just sitting hear crying because I don't want you to go through this...
Praying that you would both feel peace that passes understanding, and pleading with Him to let you meet your little one in this world! You glorify Him with your trust and faith.
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray!
ReplyDelete