Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

4 Years

I doubt many people even read this anymore since I've been so slack at posting, but I thought I'd do a little update now that another month has gone by!   I can't believe it's September and the summer is over.  Hopefully we'll take advantage of our "beach-house" location a little more this Fall than we did the last month or so.  I don't know why we stay so busy!  We do take evening bike rides down to the beach every week or so though and that's fun.  This past weekend was the American Music Festival, so we went down there twice and got to hear some good music while we played in the sand. 

Mike and I will celebrate our 4 year anniversary this Thursday!  We decided that since we live at a "resort location" we will enjoy a little mini stay-cation without having to travel!  Josiah is going to go spend a couple days with Grammy & Gramps, and we are going to enjoy some of the beach fun.  I was kinda hoping for one last week of summer-weather so we could go sip margaritas on the beach and enjoy relaxing down there kid-free, but Fall has moved in quickly so we might have to be a little more creative.  The one thing we're doing for sure, is having breakfast at Doc Taylors one morning.  We tried to go last month but there was an hour wait... and reading the menu, we're not surprised.  Maybe we'll have dinner at Waterman's (where we had our rehearsal dinner 4 years ago) too.  Oh why is it that I love to eat so much?  :)  I guess that's why I asked Mike to get me a membership to the Virginia Beach Rec Centers for our Anniversary.  It's actually an awesome perk of living here... the membership is only like $6 a month and all the facilities are quite well-equipped.  The only thing they are lacking is childcare, so I'll just have to go workout once Mike gets home, but we have one within walking distance to our house and I've decided it's time to get my butt in shape!  Mike's anniversary present was getting cable with the sports package for College Football season :)  We've only had the bare minimum package with DishNetwork (and only had that to finish out our 2 year commitment from a while back) but I knew he'd go crazy if he couldn't watch his beloved Michigan games this Fall, so we upgraded just through January.  ;)  And then there's one more thing that is totally out of both of our comfort zones....  couples dance lessons!  Ha!   Mike mentioned it a while back that it would be fun, and last week a deal popped up on Groupon, so we decided to give it a go!   I'm almost cringing just thinking about it.  Neither of us has an ounce of rhythm.   It's going to be hilarious... or awkward... probably both.  :)


I almost made it through an entire post without talking about Josiah, but I'll at least leave you with a bunch of pictures :)
















1 comment:

  1. I Still read!!! Happy anniversary! Love your gift ideas. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete