I'm not a huge fan of Halloween, although I don't mind some of the non-scary aspects, so we were kind of half-hearted about what we'd let Josiah participate in this year. I did find this cute zebra costume at Target back in September so I had picked it up, and shown it to Josiah then. He liked it, but when we put it on him, he wanted it off after 30 seconds. So I decided to just take it back. Why spend $20 on something he wouldn't wear anyway? Well then last week, someone asked him if he had a Halloween costume, and his reply was a very excited: "I have a costume in my closet. It's a zebra!" I cringed! This was like 3 days before Halloween! Well... he ended up talking about that zebra several more times in the next couple of days, so the morning of Halloween, I didn't make any promises about finding it, but I told him we could go to Target and look for a costume! Thankfully, I found it in his size stashed among Lightning McQueen and a few lingering Princesses and as soon as he saw it, he said that was what he wanted! So... we decided to let him dress up and go to Trunk-or-Treat with his cousin, John, at Nana & Buddy's church and Grammy & Gramps church which are right across the street from each other.
It was a hit. He wore it, hood and all the whole night.... and loved getting candy (especially smarties - which were my favorite as a kid too!) John (a.k.a. Black Spiderman) was his usual sweet self with Josiah, holding his hand and showing him how to "trick-or-treat." I'm so glad they love each other so much and I know as they get older, they'll have even more fun together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Seriously the cutesy zebra I've ever seen!!!!!! Omg! And I love the "w" pumpkin!!
ReplyDeleteCutest!
ReplyDelete