Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Food Food Food

We survived another big cooking day and our freezers are stuffed!  This was one of our most ambitious menus since there were a lot of steps and prep and assembly for many of these recipes, but everything looked so good and I know it'll be worth it as we enjoy all this good food for the next month or two!

Danielle, Stephanie and I for a rough End of the Day shot... and a third of the meals aren't even in this picture!
Not counting the time we spent planning/shopping/prepping, we cooked from 8:30 AM-6:30 PM yesterday.  Talk about tired feet last night!  I was so happy to go out to eat at Gringos down the street when I got home. 

Here's what our hard work and 140 bucks got us (most meals serve 3-4, but a few are bigger):

-20 Breakfast Burritos (ham,sausage, & bacon)  
-12 Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps  
-16 Pizza Roll-Ups 
-2 Spinach Artichoke Dip 
-2 Spicy Sweet Potato Soup 
-2 Beef Manicotti    
-2 Chili       
-2 Bourbon Pecan Chicken    
-40 Chicken & Cheese Pasta Shells     
-2 Pork Carnitas
-2 Martha Stewart's Mac & Cheese
-2 General Tso's Chicken
-2 Beef & Barley Soup
-2 Chicken Pot Pie
-2 Ham & Potato Casserole

Fun, productive and exhausting... but well worth it!  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I still have more than a little bit of wonder, added with a touch of jealousy at this whole idea! Maybe someday I'll figure this out. For now, I can't seem to think much beyond the present moment! :) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete