Check out what God's Word says: "You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is good for you. And even though "I am allowed to do anything," I must not become a slave to anything." 1 Corinthians 6:12
For me, it was addicting. Like a drug, or alcohol, or cigarettes, or sports, or shopping, or gambling, or anything else that can control your life. Sometimes even "good things" can enslave us. But here's the thing: God is doing some incredible things in my life. He's doing some incredible things in our marriage and our family and in our friends' lives. And He has a purpose for me that requires me to live in complete FREEDOM, not enslaved to anything of this world. So honestly, I'm excited. It's just one small step of obedience, but I know He has so much more for me.
I will try to update this blog more often... not because I need to fill my time with this blog instead of Facebook, but because I do enjoy having a central place to share with lots of friends and family about what's going on with us. So coming soon... some pictures from the last few weeks.
| Here's just one that made me smile. I was going through coupons one morning, and he wanted to "read the paper" so here he is with his breakfast and morning news (ie: a Toys R Us ad): |



Hooray!!!! Proud of u! Look forward to reading more blog posts. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so great Melissa! What a tough step, but God will certainly bless you for your obedience. You're definitely an inspiration to trusting and following God. Thanks for sharing:)
ReplyDeleteThat's a really awesome passage; I'm going to have to write it down for myself. I can also see needing to quote that with Ms. Lindsay before long. :o)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this post!!!!! I soooo needed this!!!
ReplyDelete